[vdr] Re: Success with VDR and EPIA-M motherboard + h/w decoding /XINE plugin

Hi again,

It looks like I can answer most of my questions :-)

> However, I have some questions which perhaps somebody can help me with:
>
> - I assume that I can find a library to do the audio decoding in
> software/pinch this from xine/mplayer etc. Can anybody think of an easy
> option to do this - something which takes MP2 frames and spits them
straight
> out to alsa?
> - Would I have to do all the A/V sync myself?

I've just had a look at the DXR3 plugin and it seems to do the audio
decoding and A/V synchronisation.

Looking at CDxr3AbsDevice it appears that audio can be sent to what looks
like an OSS sound device, but I haven't seen any reference to this anywhere.
Is it possible to use the DXR3 plugin, but get audio out through a
soundcard? If so, are there any lipsync issues etc?

Thanks,

Colin