[vdr] possible bug: VDR1.2.5 commandline interpreting

Hi,

while playing around with the runvdr script i encountered the following
(strange) behaviour:

The following call work as expected - it loads the graphlcd plugin and passes
the arguments to the plugin !

# vdr -P 'graphlcd -p 0x378 -x 128 -y 64'

However, when calling this via shell variable:
# opt="-P 'graphlcd -p 0x378 -x 128 -y 64'"
# vdr $opt

vdr stops with error about illegal port number 0x378 !
So what happened ?

I guess vdr did interpret -p (SVDRP Port) instead of passing it to the plugin
!
But why ? Whats the difference !? Did i do something wrong here !?

I thought it might be a problem with quotes - however using double quotes did
not help...

Is this a bug ? Or am i missing something?

Thanks in advance for any help ...

--
Futurama: Smell-O-Vision users insert nostril tubes now.