[vdr] Re: VDR on XBOX using xine plugin

> > - How good is the TV out especially concerning playback of interlaced
> > material? Are there any deinterlacers or does the xine player do some
deinterlacing
> > internally? If so, how is the quality? Is the picture quality comparable
> > a set top box or a pc with DXR3/Nexus/Matrox tv-out?
>
> Xine has several deinterlacing filters configurable by GUI/config-file.
> With "i" you can switch it on/off.
So far the tv quality is quite good, maybe not as good as the DVB-S video
out, but it should be ok for a secondary tv (sleeping room, office or
wherever).
but I'm still playing around with different resolutions and filters. During
this week I will also receive a RGB xbox connector cable, this will also
encrease the picture quality a lot.
The installation it self was straight forward using Xebian 5.1 (the previous
Xebian was more tricky).

The vdr-xineliboutput-plugin seems to be very stable while playing streams,
but xine is crashing while trying to play recordings (the vdr-xine-plugin is
playing recordings). You might think "why doen't he use the
vdr-xine-plugin?" well, the xbox remote control is not working with it!
streamdev-0.0.3 is making some trouble from time to time. i get "channel not
available" messages or interupted streams, but selecting the channels again
works in most cases. btw. my vdr is a 2 card system.

It would be nice if some of you would also try to install vdr on the xbox.
maybe we can boot vdr from a cd sometime ;)

Regards, Michael