[vdr] Re: bitstreamout-0.48pre2

On Wednesday 22 October 2003 17:18, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 05:05:30PM +0200, Gregoire Favre wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 04:44:36PM +0200, Sven Goethel wrote:
> > > well - he can just switch bitstreamout off ;-)
> > > via the main menu
> >
> > That's not very convenient :-(
> >
> > > i guess thats ok
> >
> > Well, is there any reason to do it?
>
> AFAIK Svens onboard sound do not provide a S/P-DIF in connector
> but only a S/P-DIF out connector.

hmm .. so DVB's S/P-DIF out provides PCM
if you play MP2 or PCM itself using PlayVideo ?

looks like ?!

> > I don't hear any sound quality improvement in doing so, I just lost my
> > system sound :-(
>
> For owners of a onboard sound chip or sound card with S/P-DIF in
> connector it is not an improvment because the synchronization done
> by the DVB card is not doable in sw.  This was the reason why I
> never add support for MP2 within bitstreamout plugin.  And therefore
> I'd like to see a compile and runtime configuration.

ja - please have a look into the pts.h cPTS::process method,
which should take action if outta sync.

so now .. the function just evaluates a delta delay of zero ;-),
which is good, just to know whatis a zero delay.

well - i guess to calculate a real pts diff, we need the video stream
as well - and just use the av pts async ..

for the channel receiver we can ask for this by ourself,
but for the cPlayer's Play method, we shoudl encourage them
to use Play on video streams as well.

+++

then .. we can do an accurate sync ..

then .. we can fork this to another plugin
named cutinsync - to provide a nice vdr cutter plugin
to make the recordings in sync ;-)

knowing that many channels provide a dynamic pts a/v async ..

+++

another nice thingy could be to offer analog out,
using ac3 and mp2 decoding to the soundcard,
or just ac3 to dvb as well ..

++

>       Werner

sven ;-)
- --
health & wealth
mailto:sgoethel@jausoft.com
www   : http://www.jausoft.com ; pgp: http://www.jausoft.com/gpg/
voice : +49-5121-999600 ; fax : +49-5121-999602