[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] transfron-0.3.1 plugin

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 09:17:36PM +0200, daniel peess wrote:

> > Great! :o)
> >
> > Any chance for creating DVDs? Transcode should be capable to do this
> >
> as the quality produced by free mpeg2 encoders is not yet satisfying (
> compared to tmpgenc ) i didn't focus on creating dvds at all. ( even
> svcds are looking imho worse than vcds, both created by mjpegtools )

I'm only hazarding a guess here, but I think what Rene was getting at
was to use the existing VDR recording as-is without re-encoding and only
remux the files as needed per the DVD specification, and to form the
disc image automatically.

I can of course understand the desire for some people to re-encode the
VDR recording to, perhaps fit several episodes onto a single DVD-R, but
for many, I think being able to insert a blank DVD-R, and just select
"Burn" on the Recordings menu would be adequate :)

Cheers,
Gavin.