[vdr] LIRC and RH9

Good morning

After six(!) successful months using vdr
I am under an order by Highest Authority
to automate start up and shut down procedure and
get rid of the monitor in the living room.

Up to now I've been doing it by hand
(root, password, cd to VDR and then running this self made script

/bin/setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none
modprobe lirc_serial
lircd
runvdr -Pvcd      )

I am doing it according to HS homepage.
It says to put
/bin/setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none
into /etc/init.d/boot.local

I don't have it in RH9, someone advised me
to put it in /etc/rc.local

Then
alias char-major-61 lircd_serial
into /etc/modules.conf

It doesn't say where to put lircd
so I wrote it into /etc/rc.local as well.

After implementing Systemuser and Systemstart parts,
when I power the box on - it starts VDR and shows RTL.
Remote is not functioning.

Perhaps someone with Red Hat could help?
Thanks
Vladi

RH9 2.4.20/DVB-cvs20030423/vdr-1.1.32/
lirc-0.6.6/DVB-s 1.6/vcd