[vdr] Re: Diseqc Codes

redband wrote:

I have a similar sounding (especially the "no information" bit) diseqc
2.0 4x1 switch.  They are backwardly compatible with earlier diseqc
standards so work with DVB cards using full diseqc (ie hex codes [E0 10
38 F0] ) or mini diseqc ("A W15 A",  "A W15 B", "B W15 A" and "B W15 B"
or just A or B...)

I got mine to work by trial and error and although I'm now only using
two ports at the moment, did successfully test switching to all 4
through VDR.  I found info on diseqc commands in a pdf called "diseqc
for technicians", It's obviously based on the spec on eutelsats site but
has some examples too. Think of your 4x1 switch as three 2x1 switches
with one switching between the other two which in turn, each switch
between 2 dishes.

Snip...

Thanks for all the replies.

The above switch layout description and reference for the pdf, which is available at http://www.spaun.de/pdf/DiSEqC_for_Technicians.pdf has been particularly helpful.

There is no way I could have worked out this configuration from the Eutelsat bus specification, although it contains much useful information in it's own right.

Regards,

Richard