[vdr] Re: Howto get a picture sequence from an I-frame(GOP)

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 08:34:46PM +0200, Sven Goethel wrote:
> On Thursday 23 October 2003 17:16, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >      just having this question: Is there an easy way to
> > get an jpg picture sequence from an GOP with the _same_
> > quality as each picture in the GOP?  Clearly if the GOP
> > is not closed or not broken the previous GOP is required
> > to generate the jpg's for some of the back referenced
> > B frames.
> >
> > Nevertheless exists there lib or program which can be
> > used for this?
> >

> you can also have a look into the dvd plugin !
>
> there you will see the IFrameAssembler,
> which assembles, or better just buffers, all incoming
> I_Frame type packages from the DVD ..
>
> for example, fast forward and backward uses only I Frames
> for display, so it has a mark on when it starts and how many
> packets/blocks are used for this IFrame ..
>
> hope this helps ..

Hmmm ... I don't think so.  I've a very fast scanning program
based on Klaus xlist.c.  Now I search for library function which
gives me for _all_ frame type (I, P, B, ... D (never such one))
the _full_ picture as jpeg.  AFAIS transcode decodes all
frames with the help tcdecode into RAW video and then produce
jpegs out of them.

Around the VDR cutting marks:

   BPB IBPBPBPBPBPB IBPBPBPBPBPB ... IBPBPBPBPBPB IBPBPBPBPBPB
                   ^ CutOut                      ^ CutIn (GOP is broken)
I'd like to get

       jjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjj     jjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjj

for moving the cut marks.  That is the idea ;^)

         Werner