[vdr] Re: Howto get a picture sequence from an I-frame(GOP)

Am Donnerstag, 23. Oktober 2003 17:16 schrieben Sie:
> Hi,
>
>      just having this question: Is there an easy way to
> get an jpg picture sequence from an GOP with the _same_
> quality as each picture in the GOP?  Clearly if the GOP
> is not closed or not broken the previous GOP is required
> to generate the jpg's for some of the back referenced
> B frames.
>
> Nevertheless exists there lib or program which can be
> used for this?
>

>       Werner
>
> PS: If this is poosible, then the only thing which is missed
>     then for a cutter: a program or lib for generating an
>     I-frame(GOP) out of a sequence of jpg pictures  ;^)

May be convert (from ImageMagick) does what you want.
I've just converted a vdr-grabbed image with
"convert test.jpg test.m2v"
and the result checked with
"mpeg2dec -v test.m2v"
which gives this output:
mpeg2dec-0.3.2-cvs - by Michel Lespinasse <walken@zoy.org> and Aaron Holtzman
      2f SEQUENCE MPEG2 HP@HL 768x576 chroma 384x288 fps 30 maxBps 625000 vbv
229376 picture 768x576 display 768x576 pixel 1x1
      37 GOP CLOSED  0: 0: 0: 0
      48 PICTURE I fields 2 TFF time_ref 0 offset 0/0 0/0
    8b84 SLICE
    8b84 END

theNoad

PS: instead of using jpg it may be faster to use raw ppm format