[vdr] Re: Problem with CAM and VDR with LL-Root

Hi Mirko!

I have had a similar problem with cam support. I've discovered that the
problem
doesn't appear so often with VDR 1.2.6pre4 and the DVB driver from
2003-10-26.
Around every 8 to 15 hours.
I have also never discovered the problem when I recorded something from
Premiere. So I decided to write a little script which runs in the
background
and restarts VDR automatically when the string "SOutCommand" appears in
the syslog. Maybe you could use it until Klaus have time in the future to
help us to fix the problem. Here is the script:

vdrctrl.sh:
#!/bin/bash

exec 1>>/var/log/vdr.log 2>&1

tail -n 1 -f /var/log/syslog | while read in X
do
        TEMP=`echo $X | grep SOutCommand | wc -l`
        if [ $TEMP -gt 0 ]
        then
                echo "`date`: ------------"
                echo "`date`: VDR is dead!"
                echo "`date`: Killing VDR processes..."
                sleep 5
                pkill "^vdr$"
                sleep 10
                logger "VDR will be restarted!"
                echo "`date`: Killed!"
                echo "`date`: Starting vdr processes..."
                /home/vdr/VDR/vdr -d
                echo "`date`: VDR restarted!"
                echo "`date`: ***********"
        fi
done

Just start it with "vdrctrl.sh &". But when the syslog logfile is rotated
you have to restart the script too.

Greetings
Robert

Von: vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org [mailto:vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org] Im Auftrag
von Klaus Schmidinger

>>>Do you get that error often or only sporadically?
Sometimes this error comes after 2 hours or 4 hours.
ERROR: CAM: Read failed: slot 0, tcid 1
The log says every minute: "getCAM: 88C0 11954 28006".
What does message mean?

The CAM-Menu is not available in VDR after this error message.
Only after reboot the encypted channels are working again.

>>>I'm not currently working on anything in that area.

Thats the point where i have to sell my CI and have to buy
a receiver to watch the encrypted channels.

Greetings
Mirko

subject.