[vdr] Re: Generating channels.config for vdr

I've come up with a solution using dvbtool.

% dvbtool -qam 16 -cr 3_4 -f <frequency> -i > mux.xml
% xml2vdr mux.xml >> channels.conf

And repeating the above for each multiplex.

For the Digital 3&4 and SDN multiplexes it should look like:

% dvbtool -qam 64 -cr 2_3 -f <frequency> -i > mux.xml
% xml2vdr mux.xml >> channels.conf

The channels.conf will need editing as dvbtool sets things like polarity and other stuff that are irrelevant for terrestrial and cause VDR to choke.

It's not perfect but it seems to work (at least for Mux 1).

But I would like a better solution.

Maybe I'll cook one up.

Stu

-----Original Message from Oliver Endriss <o.endriss@gmx.de>-----

On Thursday 04 December 2003 14:58, Stuart Wallace wrote:
> Hmmm,
>
> When I run scan without the -c option it complains that it's not a
> frequency scanner and that I should specify either the -c option or
> an initial conf file. I don't have the conf file so I specified the
> -c option. What should I use as the initial conf file?

For sample conf files look into the sub-directories of DVB/apps/scan.
There are files for dvb-c/dvb-s and dvb-t.

CU
Oliver