Van: vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org [mailto:vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org] Namens
Laurent Farcy
Verzonden: donderdag 4 december 2003 11:37
Aan: vdr@linuxtv.org
Onderwerp: [vdr] Re: What CAM for SECA2 (Canal Satellite) ?

Hi all,

Thx to your help and after reviewing the driver code, I understand
conditional access on top of a budget ci is not supported by the dvb
driver (legacy and kernel). So, let's forget the budget card and go for
a TT full-featured.

I'll take a 1.6 revision since it holds the j2 pinback and gives me the
opportunity to get a s/video or rgb output. I can buy one on dvbshop.tv.

But they do not sell any CI, at least at the moment. Since CAM support
in VDR seems to only work fine with a PCI CI, I was wondering where to
find this piece of hardware.

It comes bundled with the budget but it is not available alone. Is it
because it does not fit a full-featured card ? But then, only the 3.5''
ci remains. And VDR does not seem to really like it. Is this a deadlock
or am i just missing something ?

Once again, thx for your help.

Laurent

Reiner Rosin wrote:

> Hi,

>>>!!! This won't work. The NOVA CI interface is not supported by the
>>>driver. To use a CAM you have to buy a ff-card.
>>>

>>f... I was just about to buy a budget card + dxr3 for my config. Do
>>you
>>know if it won't be never supported, like a technical infeasability,
or
>>if it is just a matter of improving the driver but nobody has ever
been
>>motivated enough to do so ?
>

> It's just a matter of writing a driver for it, _but_ the longer the
> time it remains unsupported the worse the chance that someone will do
> the work .... Another idea: You might want to check the driver from
> the metzler-brothers
> (http://www.metzlerbros.de) - it supports the KNC cards, AFAIK. Maybe
the
> KNC-S with CI is also supported.
>
> Best regards,
> Reiner

> ________
> Horoskop, Comics, VIPs, Wetter, Sport und Lotto im WEB.DE
Screensaver1.2
> Kostenlos downloaden: http://screensaver.web.de/?mc=021110

as subject.