[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: mailbox plugin 0.1.0 for IMAP/POP3 accounts

Hello,

> Since c-client-library supports also POP3 this plugin is also able to
> access POP3 mail accounts. But as the POP3 protocol is less powerful
> than IMAP, some of the features are not available with POP3 mailboxes.

I tried the plugin today and it works close to perfect out of the box!
Some minor issues or suggestions for improvement:

> - 'mail list view' to display a list of all mails in a mailbox with
>   subject, sender and state/flags of every mail.
Is it possible to list them in the reverse order, i.e. latest mails at the
top? With > 100 mails in my INBOX it is quite cumbersome to scroll to the
bottom before viewing a new mail...

> - Mails encoded in 'quoted-printable' are displayed correctly (tested
>    at least with german umlauts).
This is not the case for me. Any ideas?

> - IMAP: when a mail is displayed in the 'mail view', the \Seen flag
>    for this mail is set automatically (configurable).
This may be the case, but the display of the mail list view is not updated
properly.

> - Jump to next/previous new (not \Seen) mail in the 'mail list view'
>    and in the 'mail view'.
Works, but if the next unseen mail is beyond the currently displayed set of
mails, the cursor jumps somewhere but the list view seems not to be
updated!?

> - IMAP/POP3: set \Deleted flag for mails in the "mail list view" and
>    the "mail view".
Similar to the New indicator, I would have expected a "D" to mark deleted
mails, but still an "N" or no symbol is shown after deleting a mail.

> The plugin was developed with several combinations of vdr-1.2.6,
> with and without ElchiAIO3c, output modules DVB/DXR3/xine/xinelibout,
> c-client from source and from binary packages (see README) on PCs
> with SuSE 8.1/8.2 and Debian 3.0.
I am running vdr-1.2.6 on Debian 3.0 (with some extensions from unstable)
and the "Komplettpatch" from vdrportal.de as well as calendar and mp3
plugin. To install c-client library I did:

   apt-get -t unstable install libc-client-ssl2001-dev

which worked fine. No changes except for those indicated in Makefile and
everything worked.

Lars