[vdr] Re: Fwd: vdrconvert and add.sh

Hallo,

maybe to late but ...

> I have a problem with the add.sh from vdrconvert. The shell variable in
> bash
> is only a long integer and now I have overruns when the script tries fo
> calculate the shrinkfaktor for my DVDs. The total size of my
> movie is about
> 5.2
> GB and this overflows the shell variable. My question now is what shell
> should
> I use with vdrconvert. The bash does not work for me.

Are you sure the problem is within add.sh ?

Otherwise take a look at this thread (German) it solved the same problem
here on my system and has other advantages ;) :
http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?goto=nextnewest&threadid=8042&sid=

take the patch at the beginning and the latest
dvd_requant_helper_functions.sh (last post)
Works very nice here :)

Greetings
Christian Jacobsen