[vdr] Re: dvd .. etc

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Sven Goethel wrote:

> dear vdr ML,
>
> within the next days i continue work on
> the dvd plugin, and maybe on the bitstreamout as well.

Hi Sven,

And thanks for nicely looking dvd plugin, which unfortunately is not
really working for me. Dvds look really poor, they have lots of skips and
errors. Errors show mainly on the lower half of the screen. I've recorded
small avi with my digicam which shows the clitches.. check:
http://www.niksula.cs.hut.fi/~myllymaa/vdr_dvd1.avi (3,4MB)

I was playing CSS encoded PAL dvd on PAL tv with sounds going from DVB
cards (Siemens DVB-C) digital out to my amplifier. Weird thing is that if
I play another dvd that's NTSC and has only stereo sound, then it has no
clitches.. only problem is that my tv shows ntsc only black and white..

I think I have the latest dvd plugin, 0.3.4rc10 and all the stuff the
readme suggests to have. I need to check that, but still, the ntsc dvd
played fine..

> i wish everybody great hollydays and a happy new year.

Same to you too and to all VDR people also.

  Marko