[vdr] Re: vdr and kernel 2.6, problem

Manuel Hartl wrote:

André Weidemann wrote:

fine (with some hicckups with my CAM module, but it ran)

the problem is, I now moved to the final kernel 2.6 version, I compiled
the integrated DVB drivers and they compiled fine, and seem to load:

here is the driver list:

saa7146_vv             43904  1 dvb_ttpci
dvb_core               54676  1 dvb_ttpci
video_buf              17604  1 saa7146_vv
saa7146                14500  2 dvb_ttpci,saa7146_vv
v4l1_compat            13380  1 saa7146_vv
v4l2_common             3840  1 saa7146_vv
videodev                7168  1 saa7146_vv
ttpci_eeprom            2240  1 dvb_ttpci

i had the same problem:

there is no frontend-driver loaded! :) they renamed the alps_brv2 to ves1x93 ..
do you have a dvbs 1.3? :)

ah, finally a light at the end of the tunnel, yes I use a Hauppauge DVBs version 1.3
I will give it a shot, gotta recompile the kernel driver for this one though :-)

can you tell me which distribution you use and if it does work stable? i got problems with test5 up to test11 ...i didn´t try the final version yet.

well I don´t run it on any serious production system, just my little home server,
I´m running it here on a Debian Sid system, and so far I have better results
with most of the 2.6 kernels than I had with most of my patched 2.4 kernels.

There were some compilation problems regarding the Linux TV DVB drivers
but they have been fixed in the final release. And btw. the 2.6 kernel is much faster
than the 2.4 used to be, although I would not put it onto any production server yet, I
am more than happy with it on my home machine.