[vdr] Re: [OT] stream distortions

Am Montag, 29. Dezember 2003 09:00 schrieb Jörg Büsse:
> Steffen Barszus wrote:
> >>
> >>Do you have a cordless phone? If yes, turn it off (including base
> >>station!) and check if the distortions are gone.
> >>
> >>Ciao
> >
> >Nothing has changed really. No difference between off and on of the
> >cordless phone. Hmmm the distortions are gone now. Nothing really
> >changed..... Will see if i will see them again (I hope not) really
> >mysterious
> >
> >Steffen
>
> Pherhaps, your neighbor was using a cordless telephone while you
> where expiering this problem.
> Most DECT Telephones produce stream distortions on digital SAT1 and
> PRO7 channels.

No to my neighbour it is to far away that it could cause problems. I
think the problem is now localized. Yesterday evening i had the
distortions again and yesterday night my machine restarted without
something that happened. The machine didn't start anymore. Removing the
sat-cable helped (the machine starts with removed sat cable. So the
cable has somewhere a short circuit or the LNB is defect I guess. I
think i will exchange both (one after the other) as I want to install a
second cable anyway for my second card.

Thanks anyway

Steffen