[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: OSD Picture-in-Picture (vdr-osdpip-0.0.1)

Did you apply the highcolor OSD patch as described in the Readme?

Gregoire Favre wrote:

On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 11:39:13PM +0100, Sascha Volkenandt wrote:

Hi list,

Hello coder ;-)

available at:
http://www.magoa.net/linux/index.php?view=osdpip

OSD Picture-in-Picture is a PlugIn that displays the current channel in a small box on the screen (default upper right corner). You can switch up and down now, watching the progress of the previous channel in the box. Quality is not too good yet, and only I-Frames are displayed. You'll need to upgrade your VDR to support a 256 color OSD with the provided patching instruction. You'll also need libmpeg2 0.4.0. Please read the README for further instructions.

Is it supposed to work under dvb-kernel?
I have just compiled it under 2.6 and I can see the:
Jan 3 14:20:38 greg vdr[22576]: osdpip: decoder thread started (pid =22576)

But I don't see anything and when I change the channel with up or down,
it only change the channel the original way...

I shall try with a vanilla 1.2.6 as I use the KP-1.2.6-E ;-)

I think it's a great idea!!! There was something similar in kvdr (only
missing feature in xawtv from my point of view...).

Thank you very much,

Grégoire
http://magma.epfl.ch/greg ICQ:16624071 mailto:Gregoire.Favre@freesurf.ch