[vdr] Re: Little feature request for 1.3.x

> Am Montag, 5. Januar 2004 11:21 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> > Andreas Share wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > is it possible to make the autoadd of new channels configurable via
setup
> > > option (example: always, never, only Pids) because i (and i think some
> > > others also) like the use of channel.conf´s without unnessasary
channels.

> > Sure. I just have concentrated on the basic functionality first.
> > I'll add such an option.
> >

> What about a channels.conf.black in which you can define broken and
unwanted
> channels to ignore them at updates?

Hmm,

i think this is much more complicated to keep both conf´s clean. And it will
take much more time to get a "personal" usable channel.conf.

But i habe another idea: 2 (or more?) channel.confs, switchable at vdr
runtime without restart, so everybody can use an personal favorite
channel.conf, and for example an full channel.conf (or a radio.conf) with an
entry in the very first line in with way is autoadd & autopid to handle. So
we are very flexible, without the lose of any vdr feature.

Andreas Share