[vdr] streaming with recoding

hi,

i want to stream the video-data from my vdr to my laptop via a
wireless-lan. i tried it and it seems to work, pincipally. i used
streamdev-plugin. my problem is, that my laptop is not fast enough to
decode the mpeg-stream, it is only a p2-333. i think it should work when
the stream could be reduced to normal (small) pal-resolution (356*288).
the reduction could be made on the server, so that my laptop only gets a
smaller picture. is there already such a solution? is it possible to do
this with the streamdev-plugin?

thanks

olli