[vdr] Re: Playing dvd offline

Also sprach Guy Roussin zu "06.01.2004 17:34" Anno Domini:
> Hi,
>
> First, i rip a dvd with vobcopy in a vdr form
> 001.vdr, ... in /video
> i use genindex0.12 to create index.vdr
> All is fine but when i play this record
> i have no sound ...
> I suspect the audio pid are not the good one
> for vdr ?

Most DVDs only contain AC3 (=Dolby Digital) audio streams. Lesser ones
DTS and LPCM streams but the fewest contain MPEG audio streams. With the
technics you described above, you can only listen to MPEG audio streams
as these are the only ones, that can be played by vdr and your DVB hardware.

> How can i change this audio pid. There is no
> option in vobcopy to change this ?

As I explained above, that would not help!

> Perhaps i can use dvd plugin to play dvd offline ?
> How can i do this ?

You can use dvdbackup to make a exact filesystem copy to your harddisk
and then use the created directory as "DVD device" for the dvd-plugin,
e.g. by "ln -sf <path to your DVD backup> /dev/dvd".

CU
--
Patrick Cernko | mailto:errror@errror.de | http://www.errror.de
Quote of the Week: "A weird imagination is most useful to gain full