[vdr] Re: Bug report: Recordings with no title

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

Norbert Schmidt wrote:

Norbert Schmidt wrote:

Hi Klaus,

I sometimes get recordings with no title, meaning a directory with
just an '_'.
This happens when a series-timer starts a record of a broadcast which
is not
broadcasted on this particular day (f.e. due to bank holiday). The
flag 'Use
episode name' is set to 'yes'.

The bug is:

1) In the recordings menu a blank recording is shown below the regular
series
directory, with just an * in front of the line. That's OK.

2) If you start watching what has been recorded and stop after a
while, the *
for NEW RECORDING disappears, OK. Unfortunately the line with the blank
recording disappears too. No chance to select and delete this
recording via VDR
anymore.

3) The recording is still there (checked via console) and is located
f.e.
file:/video/vdr.00/Enterprise/_/2004-01-09.20:10.99.99.rec

My suggestion would be to save the recording with 'No_title_available'
(or so)
instead of '_'.

CU Norbert

Just one additional note I discovered or better remembered yet (sorry):

I have the Elchi-Aio applied to my vdr and therefore I am able to set
the flags
'Show Date' and 'Show Time' to 'no', which is exactly the setting I am
using.

Switching back to 'yes' brings back the recording to the recordings
menu, with
full functionality.

Anyway, I would suggest to name the recording other than '_'.

What do you think?

Ah, I see. The Elchi-Patch removes the date and time display, and then
there is only an empty line in the menu (because the '_' is actually
displayed as a blank), right? Well, I would say if the Elchi patch messes
up things here, it's that patch's responsibility to provide some fake name
for the Recordings menu in such cases. I wouldn't want to see a fake
name in my recordings list (where I do have date and time displayed).

Klaus

Hi Klaus,

you are right with your description. And after setting at least Show Date to YES it
no longer is a problem for me too ;-)

Thanx
Norbert