[vdr] Re: RGB cable length

Hi,

Reinhard Nissl wrote:

Robert Schneider wrote:

is there somebody out there who could give some advise on the maximum cable length for an RGB cable. I'm using S-VHRS cables with a length of approx. 7,5 meters currently. Would I gain video quality when switching to RGB with the same cable length?
It depends on the cable quality. One idea is to use high quality SAT antenna cable for each component R, G and B (assumes sync on G). But this would not fit into your ductwork.

If yes, what type of cable should I use? Tthe most important thing is the lumen of the cable due to restricted space in my ductwork ["Leerrohr"] -system.
There are high quality VGA cables available, that should do 10 m without noticeable quality loss. Have a look at the following:

http://www1.conrad.de/scripts/wgate/zcop_b2c/~flN0YXRlPTM4MDEwNDQzODc=?~template=PCAT_AREA_S_BROWSE&glb_user_js=Y&shop=B2C&p_init_ipc=X&~cookies=1
Although I tried the link several times before posting, it doesn't work :-((

Go to

	http://www.conrad.de

and look for article

	605140-33

You might also read an article in a special issue of c't about home cinema:

    http://www.heise.de/ct/special/03/04/
Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl