[vdr] Re: DVD- & VCD-Plugin: Problems with Remote-Control dependingon hdparm-setting

Hi,

Hi,
after all I found that the hdparm -d1 -u1 works best with VCD and DVD Plugin, while using DVD sometimes keypresses ( all 2-5sec ) are not recognized.
All I could see with your suggested "environment" is that while DVD-replay system load goes up to 20-35% (Celeron 2,0GHz).
In the case keypresses are "lost", they also are not shown by irw.
No errors in messages.

your system seems to block itself, so lirc does not get enough
cpu timeslots to decode properly, and since the interupt umasking seems to
help, i would try to renice the processes using top, to give lircd a big negative value and all vdr processes a high positive value.

That didnīt really work, although it seems that it the missed keypresses happen not so often. ( imagination? ;-)
b.t.w. which chipset do you use ?
a SiS650 in a MSI Hermes 650, same behaviour on a Intel845 ( MSI Hermes 845GL )
for me a switch from an i810 to a via kt133a based board (from celeron 900 to amd 1100), solved a lot of strange timing errors (lircd: IEEE your clock jumped backwards..) and IDE CD/DVD trouble (could not read cdrw or dvd-r).
my system load is 5-8% for dvd and ~3 for vcd, i use gcc 2.95.3, a glibc 2.2 system and a 2.4.2x kernel.
Thats strange, and maybe the point to look at. Why needs the DVD Plugin 20-35% on my system with Celeron 2000 ?!?
The DVD-ROM is attatched single at a IDE-Port.

i think it might be your (pci) hardware timing and or the kernel/libc timing
(do you use glibc 2.3, or 2.6 kernel, or gentoo ?)
I have gcc 3.3, glibc 2.3.2, kernel 2.4.20 ( SuSE )

Thanks
  Siggi

Regards Onno