[vdr] Re: VDR 1.3.1 autopid and UpdateChannels

Stefan Huelswitt wrote:

> Hi,
> one annoing thing with VDR's autopid feature is, that you can't
> stop it from changing the channel names (beside from disabling
> it completely). I don't want a channel "RTL,RTL Televison" but
> simply "RTL".
>
> So what I'm missing most ist a "all but names" option for
> UpdateChannels.

One thing that is still to come are user definable favourite
channel lists, in which you can set the channel name to whatever
you like, and it will not be overwritten.

A possible thing that could be done right now is to swap the
the meaning of "Update channels" levels 0 and 1, so that 0
would update only the PIDs and 1 would update PIDs and names.

Klaus