Von: Martin Altemark [mailto:martin.altemark@linewise.se]
Gesendet: Montag, 19. Januar 2004 10:39
An: vdr@linuxtv.org
Betreff: CAM: read failed

Helllo, I am desperately trying to get my cam working 100% well here in Sweden (cable, comhem, viacces redcam v4.84, 3,5" CI, DVB driver 12-08, and all works reasable, but every now and then I seem to loose contact with the CAM and get the error message:

Jan 19 10:23:12 video vdr[18898]: ERROR: CAM: Read failed: slot 1, tcid 1

in the syslog, and after awhile the CAM is reloaded (?) and descrambling is continued until the next read error. It's happening at laest once an hour, but often more often.

I tried to use the -icam firmware, but the the CAM contact didn't seem to work at all (line in syslog when vdr i started about the CAM doesn't support the link layer protocol).

I also tried changing the timeout (upwards) for the CAM reading, but that didn't help...

I would love some help - thanks in advance!

/Martin Altemark

Home | Main Index | Thread Index