[vdr] Re: RE : Re: transfer vs record, hardware mpeg2 decoder trouble

Hey,

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Philippe Gaultier wrote:

> Well I do not understand why recording replay is working but not the
> transfer mode. And this even with a 5MB pre-buffering....
> (I'm using Vanilla VDR 1.2.6)

One of the problems I had with the device that I'm writing (pvr350) was
that recordings worked fine-ish, but live tv was unusable. It seems that I
wasn't writing big enough chunks to the device in live tv mode (typically,
I was writing an individual audio/video packet) resulting in dma queue
overflows (that's what the logs suggested!). Changing this to a value I
picked out of the air (4000 bytes) appears to have resolved the problem
(it's been running for an hour or so without problems)

cheers,

d.