[vdr] Re: softdevice Xv output

Zitat von Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@gmx.de>:

> Stefan Lucke wrote:
> > has someone tested Xv output ?
> > Does it work for others ?
>
> 0.0.5pre1 works with your patch but you seem to use a different
> (older?) ffmpeg. I needed the following change:

So you are using a newer one. That change was introduced on Oct 20 2003
cvs diff of avcodec.h between 1.235 and 1.236. To be identified by
LIBAVCODEC_BUILD > 4686. Using a functional interface to access these
values/structures would be better.
[ .. ]

> IMHO Xv output doesn't make much sense in it's current form though.
> I start vdr during boot before X so I would prefer a separate
> program that runs under a different user and connects to vdr later.
> Something like the xine plugin but without the xine part :-).

Yes for using this interface I use a separate program too :-) .
vdr with streamdev plugin on server and client.

Stefan Lucke