[vdr] Re: softdevice with DirectFB and EPIA M10000

Teemu Suikki wrote:
Hi,

I have a vdr box with Via EPIA M10000 motherboard.. I built it
inside an old CD player. There's pictures here for anyone interested:
http://zuik.org/cam/VDR/

Anyway, since the onboard mpeg2 decoder is not currently very well
supported in linux, I'm using softdevice 0.05, with the epia-related fixes
that were suggested by someone on this list..

Some generic notices:

- softdevice works fine directly under viafb
- softdevice works with DirectFB and vesa fb
- softdevice doesn't work with DirectFB and viafb
- softdevice _works_ with DirectFB and the improved viafb from
  directfb.org..
:) that's why you find the fixed version there...

It seems that original viafb + DirectFB combination doesn't support
overlay, that's why it doesn't work. :)

Anyway, now i have that part working. It's not very good though, jumps
quite a bit and jams easily if there are bit errors.

However, there's one big annoyance left.. I can't control the thing!
DirectFB opens a new virtual terminal, so keystrokes don't go to vdr's
stdin anymore.. :) Any easy solution here?
There are DirectFB options called '[no-]vt-switch', '[no-]vt-switching' and '[no-]graphics-vt' you can add to your directfbrc to control this behaviour. Read the directfbrc manpage for details.

Use 'disable-module=XXX' to suppress loading of particular input drivers, in this case the devices will remain free for VDR.

Holger