[vdr] Re: Hoerzu Digital service

Am Freitag, 30. Januar 2004 11:32 schrieb Frank Rosengart:
> Hi,
>
> after seeing you guessing around about the Hoerzu Digital it is now time
> for a 'half' official statement from GIST.
>
> The HOERZU DIGITAL service is meant as a premium EPG with 'enriched'
> program data. Additional editorial content are recommendations,
> pictures, quiz games, background infos for movies, actors... and a
> better genre classification than the DVB one.
> The data is optimized for both highend (MHP) and lowend (like TI AV7110)
> boxes and is split up into different PIDs regarding their order
> of importance for the UI. On one PID we have a DSM-CC object caroussel
> and one PID is the neccessary AIT.
>
> The full version of the Hoerzu EPG will be cut off to a limited promo
> version about end of february. After that the full version will be
> available only to paying customers. These can be cable operators, STB
> vendors or maybe even FTA endusers.

A pity but sounds Ok to me

> After having our management people convinced of the importance of the
> open source DVB projects as potentential paying customers I would like
> to hear your opinon how to support projects like VDR and on the other
> hand protecting the commercial interests of the content producer (Hoerzu).
> They expect a yearly fee of 15-20 Euro for the full EPG.

If I have a full blown EPG for at least a week i would pay that I think.
(Since downloading over ISDN daily and pay peer minute isn't cheaper either
and trust the channels/providers in having a good EPG in future is utopic)

I'm in no way a developer, but i can say that i wouldn't be interested in it
if I have to buy a CI/CAM for it Sorry that I can't give technical advices.

Steffen