[vdr] Possible strange bug with menu / keyboard handling

Hi,

I've got a rather strange problem on my box.

I'm running 2.6.1, have one nexus and one nova card.

I experienced the problem with both the stable vdr and version 1.3.3

The problem is the following:

After a while (seems to happen after stopping a replay but I'm not sure) the menu wont show up anymore if i press the m key on the keyboard (mapped it to be m). Now whats really strange is that if I kill vdr and then restart it on the same console the menu still wont work. If I, however, restart vdr in a different console everything works fine, at least for a while.

Does vdr do anything strange to the terminal ? (Like setting strange modes or something like this?).

I'm really puzzled, since I have to restart vdr on a different console to get it work for some time again.

I also tried to start vdr from init and let it directly listen on a given tty, but even then the problem occoured (killed, and init restarted it -> still no way to get into the menu).

Would anyone have some hints on what might be going wrong ?

with kind regards Philip Lawatsch

--
WaUG 'nuff said