[vdr] Softdevice + EPIA-M / Sound resampling

Hi,

I have glued some CLE266 hardware mpeg2 decoding code into softdevice. I've
now got this working with my Nehemiah M10000 and CVS DirectFB. Video is
working well - smooth pictures on the display.

However, the sound is still a bit iffy and AV sync isn't perfect. I suspect
that the sound card (I'm using ALSA) isn't quite playing back at the same
rate as the video.

I wait for the vertical blanking pulse before flipping the video
framebuffer. This works well - get smooth pictures, but causes problems with
the sound.

I would therefore like to change the following:

- Make video the primary sync source, and match audio to video.
- Resample the audio in order to alter the frame rate slightly if necessary.
This should hopefully avoid the gaps and clicks that I've been experiencing.

I think that xine resamples the audio so I'll have a look at that.

I have two questions:

- Is audio resampling really necessary? I'm not an MPEG A/V sync expert -
perhaps someone more qualified could point me to a source of information?
- Is anyone already doing this? I don't want to reinvent any wheels!

Thanks,

Colin