[vdr] Re: Softdevice + EPIA-M / Sound resampling

Hi,

Realised that I was using vesafb when doing my 'top' benchmarks (machine was
connected to the monitor, not the TV) which doesn't use an interrupt to wait
for sync, hence my slightly higher CPU usage.

I suspect that DirectFB is doing YV12 blits in software hence the high CPU
usage. I've posted a message to the DirectFB list - I'll try and begin
delving into DirectFB to see where the problem is sometime!

> Audio<->DVB sync is much more critical.. _IF_ analog audio output is used,
> you can simply adjust the playback frequency.. Like 47999Hz instead of
> 48000Hz. Just calculate the audio timing error, and adjust the
> frequency.. After a while, the frequency will settle to some value like
> 47986Hz, and doesn't need big changes.

Will the ALSA drivers let you set this from user code, or does the
resampling have to be done in software?

I'd like SPDIF to work too :-) I did read somewhere (I'm sure) that the AC97
codec on that board works at 48kHz for all rates, therefore resampling must
be done in software for 44.1kHz etc. I may be wrong however.

Colin