[vdr] Re: Other Way for EPG-Programming (Client/SERVER)

Hi

Yes - i also think so..

> This is one of the biggest show-stoppers for me currently (I want the
> server to do the recordings, but want to be able to programm them from
> the client).

> Would this work:
> - have a server and client with identical DVB-S setup (same satellite,
>    same channels.conf).
> - nfs mount the servers vdr config dir to the client

> Would the server notice that his timers.conf has changed?

No - VDR only read the Timers.conf at startup.

I think the only Solution would be a Plugin wich can read the local EPG but write
the Timers through the SVDRP of the SERVER to the SERVER.

I donīt think that this is not possible because this have simple nothing to do with the local Timer mechanism.

There should be second Timer-Menu (plugin) wich displays the Timer from the SERVER and on t his Menu
you can nearly do all the things you can do on the local Timer-Menu.

The SVDRP Protokoll allows all Commands you need (timer on/off.....) as i know.

The Only Problem i see is timer-Programming out of the EPG - perhaps there must be a change into the VDR
Main code so itīs possible to setup on wich TIMER (local or Remote) the EPG-Data goes to.

Yes - iīm not a Programmer - but i think itīs possible and - perhaps any time there is a Programmer
wich have the same Problem and so i makes a Solution...

CU

Axel