[vdr] Re: UPT error - The solution (maybe)

Manuel Hartl wrote:
> hi
> > After some lengthy debugging on Sascha Volkenandt's machine, where
> > the UPT error was easily reproducable, I believe I have finally
> > found a cure for it.
> >
> > It would appear that the root of the problem is that VDR sets the PIDs
> > even if the tuner doesn't have a lock yet.
> >
> > The following patch is a quick hack to fix this:
> the patch cures much - less restarts because of UPT-errors here. but 5secs
> arenīt always
> enough here.
> maybe there is another problem - i am going to try 10 seconds timeout
> limit.

I can confirm this. I've less UPT-errors but now I've one (one in three days
vs three errors on one day without the patch). I don't believe, that a
higher timeout will help. But as I don't have a better idea, I'll try 10.

Martin

PS: I'm sorry if you received another mail around this time only with quoted
text. Damn Web-Interface...