[vdr] Re: Cutting recordings hangs vdr 1.3.x

On 11 Feb 2004 Javier Marcet <lists@marcet.info> wrote:

> vdr # gdb --pid=10478
[...]
> Detaching from program: /bin/su, process 10478

Ok, this seems to be the su command from runvdr. Not usefull
here.

> vdr # gdb --pid=10480
[...]
> Reading symbols from /usr/src/vdr/PLUGINS/lib/libvdr-analogtv.so.1.3.4...done.
> Loaded symbols for /usr/src/vdr/PLUGINS/lib/libvdr-analogtv.so.1.3.4

Just to be sure: try without all plugins.

> (gdb) bt
> #0  0xffffe410 in ?? ()
> #1  0xbff7efe8 in ?? ()
> #2  0x00000002 in ?? ()
> #3  0x4bfc7a5b in siglongjmp () from /lib/libpthread.so.0

This locks strange, as all line should resolve to a specific
location like the last line. Either the stackframe is allready
corrupted or gdb isn't able to interpret the data.

Anyways, I think it would be more usefull to start gdb with
"gdb vdr 10480" (if 10480 is the vdr pid). This way gdb is able
to attach all the threads ("info threads"). Now you can select
every thread ("thread x") and backtrace them seperately. This
will give a complete view of the things.

So far I cannot contribute anything usefull to solve the problem.

Regards.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
s.huelswitt@gmx.de  | http://www.muempf.de/