[vdr] Re: vdr-1.3.4 autopid and DVB-T

--On den 12 februari 2004 23:18 +0100 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

Maybe someone who owns acommercial DVB-T receiver can tell us how
such a device is set up. Do you have to make any selections when you
first turn it on?
I happen to have a Sagem ITD 4410 (I think the first one they
sold with the Swedish DVB-T kit).

The only really DVB related setup you can do is select primary
and secondary audio language and primary and secondary
subtitling language, and you can initiate a new channel scan.

On a "scan" it scans the entire spectrum and looks for channels
to add to the program list. It displays a progress bar marked
0-100% and for each radio channel it finds it displays it's
fequency and how many TV channels (programs) it has found.
I have seen that when it does this it may update program
names. It doesn't seem to ever delete programs, that is a
manual operation. Scanning takes a minute or so.

I don't think it updates anything if you don't initiate a scan,
at least it doesn't add programs by itself. I assume that if it
finds the same program on different radio channels that it
picks the best one, but I haven't tried that.

I don't think it ever uses the information about other
transmitters and bouqets and such. Maybe other receivers do.

So, they seem to be using the simplest method imaginable.

There also is some scheme to hint the receiver of a program
number for each program so that each receiver gets the programs
on the same positions. I have seen some extra data that probably
it that in the PMT or somewhere, but I haven't found the specs
for it. It seems that some Swedish cable TV networks does
something similar.

/ragge