[vdr] Re: motorised disk

On Sunday 15 February 2004 13:20, Conrad Micallef wrote:
> I have been following the discussion before on setting up a motorised dish
> but I was unsuccessful with my attempt.
>
> I am using a Technotrend PCI card rev 1.3 - and I cannot get diseqc rotor
> to work properly.
>
> My setup is a SG-2100 rotor.
>
> From the nokia 9600 I can manually go to the setup and change disk position
> - i was hoping that setting up vdr would give me easier rotation, but after
> setting proper diseqc.conf and enabling diseqc and using rotor 0.5 the dish
> does not move, but actually when reconnecting it back to the nokia, it
> seems to have done some recalculate automatically, and I have to give it
> goto 0 and re-align it from the remote control.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> is the rev 1.3 perhaps too old to support diseqc motors ? - it heats up
> quite a lot !!

Works nicely here with a Hauppauge (Technotrend) 1.3, a Stab HH-120 rotor and
vdr-1.3.4.
Check your settings (diseqc.conf, rotor-plugin, LNB) again!
As my dish is sufficiently well alligned to the south I position directly via
the "goto xy". Make also sure, that the settings for your location in the
rotor plugin are correct. Entries  for longitude and lattitude are thought of
having 1 figure after the decimal point e.g my longitude here is 9.2 -> 92
and my lattitude here is 48.08 -> 481.

Gerd Arlitt