[vdr] Re: Converting technotrend .ini files to channels.conf format

Hi,

Now I did it more like a program (improvement of readability)
and on that way I fixed a bug with multible .ini-Files

Made usage for multiple .ini-Files a bit easyer ;-)

The channelnames for the transponders now are
"<Freq> GHz on <SatName> (<Orbital Position>)"

Frank Scherthan wrote:
I made a small addition:
The transponders start at 5000 and I use a counter, so I can merge more
Sorry, it was just plain stupid to do an extra counter for the first field of the channels.conf. I removed it. Now the script just prints out an extra line at the beginnig.

than one *.ini files into one transponder file.

So you can start with a

cat *.ini > alltransponders.ini

to create a new .ini file with more than 1 satalites.
Than do a

/tmp/sat.pl </tmp/alltransponders.ini > channels.conf

and you have a channels.conf, starting with channelnumber 5000 and all unique TIDs

Frank