[vdr] Re: One mux is missing

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Marko Myllymaa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'll start a new thread as this is no longer HTV related..
>
> I have a problem that my vdr box has lost one mux.
> I have Siemens dvb-c card. I've used happily vdr-1.2.6 lately, but
> yesterday I noticed that I get only black screen on couple of channels. I
> get some epg-info for those channels, but that's not always correct.
> The mux is at 290MHz and it uses QAM128.
>
> All other QAM128 muxes work.. as does QAM64 muxes.
>
> I've tried to scan all the channels. Scan finds all others but not that
> one mux. And my cable provider have told me that it should be found on
> that frequency.
> I also tried to start scanning from that frequency, no channels found.
>
> So, I've figured three options:
> 1. my dvb-c card is falling apart and cannot receive 290MHz at all.
>
> 2. my cable provider has some problems in our building with that mux.
>
> 3. my own cabling inside the house takes some interference in that freq.

I'm replying to myself..

The number three was correct answer, although it sounds weird.
I have following connections:

                   -----vcr----tv
                  /
wall--ampl---10m--
                  \

This connection works. If I take the vcr out and connect the antenna cable
directly to tv, then I lose mux on 290MHz, but all others seem to be okay.

I don't remember the cable lenghts after the T-connection, but I can
measure them if they count..

Does tv send some interference back to antenna cable and vcr does not send
and it even blocks the interference tv is sending? Is that possible?

If I want to lose the vcr, what can I do? As I still want to watch analog
tv also..

  Marko