[vdr] Re: Howto place multiple recordings to one DVD?

I use 0.0.12j too and it still fails on the Philips code.

I don't know if DVDAuthor is to blaim.
The structures in the IFO files seem resonable (IfoEdit).
The only anomaly seems that VMGM_PGCI_UT->LU_1 seems to contain a first menu with zero cells (which is legal but I havn't seen that on commercial discs).

Anyway I'm working on the Philips code for an automotive system and it seems an internal race condition in the code.
It tries to pause the still-picture-VOBS at it's end but realises that the presentation thread is allready finished.
So it end up in error correction which means it's skipping to the next VOBS. Which in turn goes to the next menu.
It seems some kind of design error caused by extremely short VOBS + the sequence in VMGM_PGCI_UT

I had to create a nasty hotfix to ignore this condition and to fake the still.
So my self recorded DVD run ok now on our automotive system ;-)

You may indirectly solve it if vdrconvert would allow video sequences in the menu that are  more than 1..2 seconds long.

Peter

P.S. before asking: our player code does not run on the Philips home player plattform; different interfaces