[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-femon-0.0.2b

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004, Frederick Page wrote:

> I have one small question: the README states, that using ElchiAIO4a+
> (I have 4c on stable vdr 1.2.6) would maximize the "wow" effect. But
> the plugin itself looks like vanilla vdr?

Well, I didn't want to put all the bells and whistles into GUI before all
the functionalities were working properly. However the current GUI is
designed for small fonts that are available by default only in vdr-1.3.x
series. The stable vdr-1.2.x series has to patched for those fonts (sure,
the plugin should work with normal size fonts too, but some clipping might
be present) and you'll say *wow* because the plugin (hopefully) didn't
crash your system :)

Any suggestions about what information and how it should be shown are
more than welcome. I tried to find some dbox2/neutrino screenshots to see
how things are done there, but my eyes didn't catch anything prettier or
more precisely any pictures with s-n-r or strength values :) Gimme the
urls, please?

Also I'd like to use real units (dB,dB/m) and the tech patch is providing
some equations how to do it:

ssdBm = (logf(((double)SSChip)/65535)*10.8);
if (SNRChip>57000)
   snrdB = (logf((double)SNRChip/6553.5)*10.0);
else
   snrdB = (-3/(logf(SNRChip/65535.0)));

What's that 57000 limit in SNR? Where you're getting that 10.8 constant in
signal strength? ...? Do these conversions really work?

--
rofa