[vdr] Re: LIRC and kernel 2.6.3

OK, to answer myself.

Kernel 2.6 doesn't use the /dev/lircd directory as the device for lirc.
Instead, a new device is created: "/dev/lirc/0". There is also a socket for
the LIRC interface created as /tmp/.lircd

To get lirc working I did the following. Using the Mandrake 10 src
distribution, which includes LIRC as a kernel build option, I built all the
modules I needed. I have the serial IR device, so I just chose to do a build
for the serial module.

NOTE WELL - if you want this to work, make sure you don't have other modules
accessing the serial port - specifically, make sure you disable serial mouse
being built in to the kernel!

When Linux boots:
	modprobe lirc_serial
	lircd -d/dev/lirc/0

This will activate the device.

Next, in vdr.c, I changed the line that reads:

  	new cLircRemote("/dev/lircd");

  	new cLircRemote("/tmp/.lircd");

Once you have a decent lirc.conf, recompile and your away.

Adrian Challinor