[vdr] Re: GRAB always gives gray image

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>Jan Ekholm wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>>
>> >Can you find out exactly which thread this is?
>> >and then what it waits for is probably some user input.
>> >
>> >That doesn't explain the high CPU load, though...
>>
>> A quick test shows that it's the first VDR thread that gets stuck. At
>> least it's the one with the lowest PID after all threads have started.
>> This time it gets stuck in an accept() loop where the call gets an EAGAIN
>> error.
>>
>> I could try to dig in and see exactly where it gets stuck. At first I
>> thought it could not bind the SVDRP port due to it being reserved, but I
>> had VDR down for a few minutes before restarting, so that shouldn't be it.
>
>Well, you'll need to debug this further, then, because I have
>no idea why it would hang.

And neither do I. I dug into it a bit and found that the load was created
by the SVDRP socket handling, but suddenly I can't reproduce it anymore. A
random recompile and it's gone, VDR is again responsive and the load is
normal. Weird.

The gray image is however reproducible every time, is this maybe a known
buglet with the DVB drivers?

--
         In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
                                        -- Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies