[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] AutoCutter 0.1.1

Hallo,

> A stupid question: how does the NoAd program work? Does it find the
> commercial breaks from some flag in the video strem or can
> one record a
> video clip, which shows the start/end of commercials, and then tell
> NoAd to use that clip as a cutting mark? My German skills are almost
> nonexistent and most of the info seems to be only in that language.

First, NoAD is not my work - I only use it for "presetting" the cut-marks !

AFAIK it analyses the MPEG movie and searches for the Station logo. Then it uses this for setting commercial breaks.
In recordings with Black borders in the Movie it does use that to better position the marks. If there are no black borders then it uses the blackpicture which offen is sent in beween Commercials and Movie.

In NoAD 4.0 there is a "jumpinglogo" option - if the logos offen changes its position. Also a AC3 detection (beta) is included. And if the movie is "rewinded" a couple of seconds after commercial breaks it also can try to find reoccurances.

The marks are not allways perfect, but it is _a lot_ faster than searching the commercials yourself ;)

You wil have to try NoAD 3.2a and 4.0 and see which one is better for you. NoAD 3.2a is faster but NoAd 4.0 has more options which may fit for your Movie/channel !

Feedback to NoAD :
http://www.freepgs.com/noad/

Greetings
Christian Jacobsen