[vdr] Feature Request: VDR server online times programmable

Hello List.
When using a vdr server it is normaly running 24h a day.
I think the energy consumption for a standard system is about
200W*24h*30=144kWh per Month ( ~43Euro in Germany ) !
I use WLAN so there is no way to turn on the system on demand by a wake-on-lan
message and so it is running 24h a day.
When the nvram-wakeup is functioning with the mainboard, i think there could
be a way to control the running and the sleep times of the vdr server by
timers menu like the recording timers, eg. online time on Monday to Friday
04:30pm to 11:59pm and so on.
There must be a special handling because there should not be done a real
recording on any channel ( and no blocking of a tuner by any channel ) but
the system should stay alive until online timer end time and then switch to
the normal shutdown procedure with user activity timer check and so on.
The normal recording timers must be functioning also like now.
Is there a way to implement this in the timers menu or is it better to make a
"online timer plugin" in parallel to the existing mechanism ?

Thanks
  Thomas