[vdr] gaps in video stream possible with CRC check on (hw_sections=0)?

Hello,

I convert my vdr files with a tool to MPEG2 PS before encoding to
DivX. The tool finds errors in the vdr TS if the file has some.

With the current driver (I updated vdr+driver), should I leave
hw_sections=0?

My question: Is it possible that (with hw_sections=0), vdr finds
reception errors and "cleans" the stream so that my tool doesn't
detect if some GOPs were dropped? That wouln't be nice...

Should I set hw_sections=1, which guarantees that the conversion tool
detects if there were errors when recording?

Bye, Uwe.