[vdr] Re: About Astra 1D

> Subject: [vdr] About Astra 1D
>
> I wonder where is the truth,  various sites (Lyngsat, Satcodx,
Kingofsat)
> say that Astra 1D is at 23.0E.
> The Astra Corporation site says it is at 24.2E
> So where is the _real_ Astra 1D.
> The reason for this question is, that 24.2E would be very convinient
> 'true south' calibration point for me.

I don't think this will be a reliable "calibration" point...I seem to
remember this sat being "set adrift" some years ago...

Positioned in geosynchronous orbit at
19 deg E in 1995-1998
28 deg E in 1998
19 deg E in 1998-1999
28 deg E in 2000-?
Last known longitude (3 September 2001) 24.18 deg E drifting at 0.006
deg E per day.

I'll leave you to calculate where it is now... :-)

GC