[vdr] Re: No clock setting with vdr 1.3.6

On Sunday 11 April 2004 11:09, Martin Holst wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've noticed, that my plain vdr 1.3.6 doesn't correct the clock. I've
> enabled it in the settings and as the "clock"-transponder I've choosen "Sat1". With
> this settings, vdr 1.0.x, 1.1.x, 1.2.x worked as expected. But vdr 1.3.6
> (I've never tested vdr 1.3.1-1.3.5 for more than a few hours) doesn't correct
> the clock, even if I watch or record Sat1 for a few hours. There are no log
> entries in the syslog (the well known "system time = xyz & local time = xyz").
> So I think this procedure isn't called.
>
> For testing purposes I've adhusted my time 3 hours away from the right time,
> so vdr should recognize that there is something wrong...
>
> Have anyone the same behaviour noticed?

The problem is line 274 in file eit.c:
ISTRANSPONDER(Transponder(), Setup.TimeTransponder)) is always false,
because Setup.TimeTransponder is a _frequency_, not a _transponder_.

A quick fix would be to compare the frequencies only.
Nevertheless, this is not a good solution, because frequencies are not
necessarily unique across satellites...

Oliver