[vdr] Re: vdr compiling p[roblem

Am Dienstag, 13. April 2004 21:55 schrieb Hazem Hamed:

> and this is the out put of compiling the vdr-1.2.6
>

> In file included from dvbdevice.c:10:
> dvbdevice.h:20:2: #error VDR requires Linux DVB driver API version 3!
> In file included from dvbosd.h:14,
>                  from dvbosd.c:10:
> dvbdevice.h:20:2: #error VDR requires Linux DVB driver API version 3!
> In file included from eitscan.c:13:
> dvbdevice.h:20:2: #error VDR requires Linux DVB driver API version 3!
> In file included from vdr.c:40:
> dvbdevice.h:20:2: #error VDR requires Linux DVB driver API version 3!
> make: *** [.dependencies] Error 1
> make: *** Deleting file `.dependencies'
>
> I think it's clear I'm a newbie and may be some good soul could instruct me
> in detail - may be  with links to the needed packages - to compile vdr ?

You need dvb-1.0.1 Driver to compile vdr. You don't need to compile them or
install it, you just need the DVB dir with the OLD drivers in it, since vdr
compiles against it. Maybe linuxtv should provide a headers-only tarball for
this case, as the same is given if someone uses dvb-1.1.1 drivers.

Steffen

( BOFH excuse #353: Second-system effect. )
        o   ^__^
                ||----w |
                ||     ||